Saturday, October 2, 2010

Day 8 Roquefort to Louvie-Juzon

It's getting hard to get out of bed!


I was looking forward to my last full day in France as i thought i should cross in to Spain tomorrow evening. The ride was hard as the roads stated to rise as i approached the Pyrenees. The landscape started to change to the typical Pyrenees look. Passed through Pau on the way with no problems with the navigation. As i approached Gan, an ederly man on a race bike saw me reading a map and offered his assitance. He insited on going to Gan with me. He showed me to the hotel in Gan but after he had gone i discovered it was closed down. I will break his neck if i ever see him again!     I had to cycle through another 3 towns (30kms) before i found a place to stay as every where was full for the weekend i suppose. In the end i covered 120kms in 9 hours but i pushed myself to the limit and could pay for that tomorrow. Off to bed, Im wrecked!


Near Pau

Big mistake listening to this bloke!
The landscape is changing

Shattered

No comments:

Post a Comment