Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 10 (my last day) Biescas to Benasque

Whatever happened i knew Sunday would be my final day as i knew i was close enough (120kms) to make to my house in Benasque. It was a long ride so i left my cosy hotel at just after 9am. I went to a bar across from the hotel and got a couple of rolls to last me the day. The road started to climb again but the views were great so i didn't mind that much.
All i could think about now was getting home and putting the bike in the garage.
On the way i passed through some really nice towns and if i had more time i would have liked to stop to check them out a bit better.
8 hours later, having covered 1030kms of the 1050kms total, i pulled into a petrol station within sight of the finish line, bought a coke and mars bar, got off the bike and finished my journey there and then.
I had enough, i called a taxi, and 15mins later i was in my house.

Success or failure - you decide!


4 comments:

  1. When the great Lance Armstrong said "its not about the bike" I dont think he had in mind that riders should ditch the bike in the boot of a Taxi with 20k to go and ride down the Champs-Élysées pretending to be a Champion! So its a big FAILURE from me :) and Lance! But well done for effort, better luck next time,

    ReplyDelete
  2. True Brian, but if i was on what the great Lance was on i wouldnt have to ditch the bike in the back of a taxi either!
    But in reality most of the riders in the TDF would be in the back of a taxi down the Champs if they wern't on gear
    Remember - superheroes don't exist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big success! Ireland to Spain on a bike, never thought you'd actually go thru with it. Well done man! (Hope ye haven't put little bros nose outta joint!)

    ReplyDelete