Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 6 Saintes to Libourne (Bordeaux)

Today was all about the wine. I set off this morning at 9am and the sun was shining, so plenty of sun cream.
Straight away i was feeling much better on the bike and i had a feeling it was going to be a good day.
After about 15kms the vine yards appeared and stayed with me for the rest of the day. The smell of wine was everywhere.
Stopped of at a town called Pons to stock up on water and food at 20kms. When i left the shop i had left one of the carrierbags open and my runner fell out of the bag, luckily spotted by a car behind me or otherwise i was goosed!
I finished the day at Libourne just to the east of Bordeaux having covered 116kms in just under 7.5 hours.
Tomorrow i plan to stop at Bazas following in the footsteps of Rick Stein and Chalkie!

1 comment:

  1. Can believe you are doing so well .Who needs the RAS Ha,Ha not long left now keep it going

    ReplyDelete